Saturday 4 October 2008

My new job.

Working again is nice, it's nice to know that next saturday I will get roughly £75 or there abouts for the three shifts I've done this week, one of them being tonight.
I worked on monday, which was terrifying but I like to think that I picked things up quite quickly. I then worked yesterday for a another day shift which was more like a first shift than my first shift. I got lots of mistakes and accidents out of the way and sunk my self assurance WAY into the ground so that I started freaking out at the thought of dropping every single plate I picked up, not to mention my imagination running wild when holding a glass. Fun.
Tonight, before I take a nice three hour nap, I will go back to being terrified again because, not only, am I not doing a day shift, I'm also working upstairs. The previously mentioned 90s night club. I start at ten which means I'm being thrown right into the deep end when people will already be there, I'm not that fast at my job yet, drunken strangers scare me when I'm sober, I don't know how to make any of the cocktails AND I don't finish until 3. Which I'm told is actually more like 4/half 4. Hmm. I'll try to make these particular shifts as few as possible.
I then will go back to my friend's, Lauren, house and pass out in her house somewhere, wake up at some god foresaken hour and spend my entire day veggin' in her house until I have work tomorrow night again; the pub this time, still scary but not as late and my mum's picking me up to take me home to my own bed. Yum. Then I have a day shift on monday. Does it never end!?
The horrible part of this four day work scheduel is that it's actually my fault. I have a uni open day in Manchester on saturday and we're going up on friday so I can't work either, and I was down for both so they had to change me to the only available days left. Which just happens to make it four days in a row.
Ah well, more money for me, yum yum yum. How I can actually spend this money, I have no idea, because if this kind of work rota continues I will have no social aspect to my life other than the people i see at work and college. Here's how this week has, and will, be...

Thursday (gone):
-College 9-5
-See Tom in the evening
Friday (gone):
-Work 11-5
-Reg for an hour, hang out with Seb and Tom, say hello to Matt and other lovely Reg workers
-Go home
-Eat
-Go to sleep
Saturday (today!):
-Church membership day 9:30-4:30
-Come home
-Write in blog ^_^
-Sleep
-Go to work 10-3/4/4:30
-Get taxi to Lauren's
-Sleep
Sunday:
-Sleep
-Sleep
-Chill with Lauren and her little girl, Rosie, until work.
-Work 7(I think?)-12:30
-Go home
-Sleep
Monday:
-Go to work 11-4 (with Lauren, so that's nice)
-Go home
-Maybe see Tom
-Learn song I was supposed to for the next day in horrid panic
-Eat, chill, sleep
Tuesday:
-Go to college 9-1
-Go home and chill
-Do something, I don't know yet 'cause it has yet to happen. Jeezzz...
-Watch ANTM with Mummy
-Eat, sleep
Wednesday:
-Go to college 9-5 (pointless three hour break)
-Go home
-Chill, eat, chill, sleep
Thursday:
-Go to college 9-5
-Go home
-Eat quickly
-Go to work 7(I think?)-12:30
-Go home
-Sleep.

Which means I have roughly three days where I can have a social life, however!!! college is always an outside of the building requirement and I need to do assignments and learn songs for rehearsals and vocal technique. I'm going to kill myself!

But, otherwise, I really like work.
Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It definitely sounds as though life is busy. But busy often = excitement. Have a good week Anna!

~Jesse