Thursday 2 October 2008

Memory

And my apparent lack of it.
Remembering to update my blog, which I so faithfully kept for a good few months, failed miserably when I started back at college. My last post was two days before I had my first day back into education and I haven't updated anything since. I discovered Twitter, which I've been keeping to but for some reason every time I came online and did my rounds, my blog went completely out of sight and mind; which is a shame because I love my blog.

I got a job since I last wrote anything, I've only had one shift so far and I've got my second tomorrow. I now work in a pub and club that are owned and staffed by the same people. The pub is very student orientated - The Fleet - and is where I spent many cold winter days in my youth sitting in to avoid hypothermia. Babylon, the club upstairs, however, is a 90s club. Need I say more? I'm told that I will eventually have to learn a dance to do in the beginning of the nights in that lovely place and my first shift in the waste land of bad music and even worse attendants is on saturday. A gorgeous five hour shift that starts at 10pm and ends at 3am; at which point I'm sure I'll be dragging myself into someone's house and passing out on a unfamiliar bed of a friend's. This will probably be Lauren. A girl I only knew of, and only by face, who goes to my college doing the university course of what I'm doing now, so we have lots in common. Not to mention, now we work together.

Want to know what I'm doing right now? I'm sitting next to a pedantic grammar whore twat who is obsessed with correcting ever little tiny fucking thing! I understand, honestly, I really do. When people use excessively and obviously incorrect grammar it is somewhat annoying, also makes me wonder if they were actually educated or not BUT, the way he goes about his obsessive little nit-picks is just down right rude and FREAK'N ANNOYING.

But enough about me getting annoyed at people constantly.
Life is good right now, I'm going to be getting money again soon which means I can live, and also come visit my lovely online friends who I feel expentially disconnected from right now. YAY.

I read Chris' blog today. His writing always makes me smile.
I miss people.

3 comments:

QW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry Aldridge said...

Hope to see you again one day Anna. I love reading your blog entries.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job (I think)! And have fun at school; balancing the two along with any kind of social life is insanity to say the least :)

~Jesse