Wednesday 27 August 2008

Nothing to do

I have no job.
No money.
No activity to par take in during the day.
I can't afford to go out at night.
I spend my days alone and my nights with my family, but mostly alone.

I'm slowly getting used to this being alone business. Which terrifies me.

There are three things keeping me entertained right now,
-An entire episode and season run-through of The Hills on MTV.
-Watching streamed films on my laptop that I search for based on jumping from actors, directors and writers. (This had become addictive)
-And lastly, Mahjong Titans. It used to be spider solitaire, but I got bored with the thing cos I never lost but the next difficulty level was impossible. I was stuck in a limbo, it was unpleasant.

The Hills is mind numbing but, I like it. I always have done, really, but currently, I'm addicted. But if that isn't on, I'm left to the many wonders, archives and stupid search engines of the Internet. Expanding my knowledge on film new, old, well known and rare. I now know that Melissa Joan Hart created a fifteen minute short film about a young girl sabotaging her sister's wedding because she had had an affair with the groom.
Searching for said short film led me to find a young gentleman by the name of Del, and his blog.
Another thing that's keeping me sane. Two minutes into reading said material, I suddenly realised it was in fact two hours later. I'm not even sure if or how that sentence made any sense but the point I'm trying to make is, how time flies.

I wish someone would read this and share it with the world. Unfortunately, I think I have about five readers and so, they are the only world I'll be reaching with this. A world, however, I'd be very lonely and unhappy without.

It's funny how people want others to read their blogs and yet the concept of them is technically one of privacy. You want your private thoughts to be known to complete strangers, and that's alright? Chris once told me that his blog was for no more than general witty banter, which I have to say is very well written general banter, but all the same he's right, he doesn't want to share with anyone he doesn't know. I get that, because he barely shares with me. Then you have people like Alex who go into detail with how they're feeling, what they're thinking, the works, he writes down, not to sound cliche but, his soul. He pours out almost his everything. Now, if gc had the same amount of viewers I'm sure he'd have equal amounts of readers.
Reading gc's blog makes me smile and laugh to myself, it reminds me of how talented he is, lazy but talented. To an outsider, I would imagine it would make you want to know him more. Reading Alex's blog makes you feel like you already know him, it makes me feel closer to him after having not spoken in a while, it makes me feel as though I'm a part of his life when maybe we're both a bit distant. But either way, it makes me feel.
Intellectually stimulated? Or feeling? And those are the differences.

And then you have Mhazz who's just an insane little girl that I (and everyone else) adore. Her blog is somewhere in between. Emotion with little detail. Things she's thinking but only parts.
Mhairi and the way she writes is like a painting you have to look at for a while. Something to stare at to realise that a lot of energy and time and passion was put into it, but it explains nothing. You have to make up your own side.

I just psycho-analysed my friends by the way they type. Shoot me.

By the way, if you find the reason you're reading this is because you have nothing to do, much like myself and the subject of the blog you're currently reading, go on the website tv-links and search for a film called Wristcutters. Don't let the name fool you, this film is one of the most amazing pieces of creative output I have ever seen. Which may say something about my taste in movies, but whatever, you've got nothing to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post :-)