Wednesday 10 September 2008

Impulse as a start

I, as a rule, stand by not regreting anything. And at the end of most situations, I could say that I don't. But there are fleeting moments, and they usually occur when I do something by impulse. I'm all for living in the moment and doing things for yourself but, anyone who knows me has probably noticed, I overreact to things with such a dramatic force that I end up doing/saying/feeling things by impulse that I immediately wish I had not done.
For this, I just wanted to let people know that I'm sorry. A lot of the things I say are only my raw emotion talking, I'm an impulsive person, I say and do silly things and I apologise.

Since Chris, I haven't really been interested in guys. Well, no, I have, but at a very limited level. I like the attention and then I get scared any time they pay me a little too much, which is rather backwards and could be called 'leading people on'. In fact, yes, that's exactly what it is. I've known many people like this, which is probably why I do it so much. My best friend is equally like this with boys. Together we are a force to be reckoned with, and a scary one at that. We scheme like women but have the thought processes of men. We're overt, yet artful. Basically, we see, we want, and bloody well get. Buuut, recently, for me, it's been see, want, and then chicken out last minute because I'm really not that bothered and slightly creeped out by the entire scenario.
One thing I do like is that in having this mind-set, people keep asking me out on dates :D
The better part is turning them down. That's so deliciously satisfying in a way I have never encountered before; you should try it some time. I do not know why I was not doing this AGES ago. Also, and this has happened twice, both times I have turned people down, they've asked me out again - IT MAKES NO SENSE! But I bloody love it.
However, I still don't care. Things are still far too complicated.
Our weekly rendevouz to Route this monday resulted in Rosie and I spotting a group of five guys, every single one being attractive - I didn't even realise that possible. Usually a group of guys has at least one that isn't quite up to par.
I'm now judging guys.

Shoot me.

However, the group meeting was made ultimately lovely and entertaining by Luke, who is, possibly, the most hyperactive person I have ever had the pleasure to encounter in my entire life. The soul reason we started talking to all of them is because we were standing, completely overwhelmed and smirking by his convulsive moving, dancing by another name, but not in this particular situation. Not with him. Rosie stalked over and struck up conversation, excellent conversational skills that we both have, this was followed shortly with Luke offering me a scarily enthusiastic high five, missing my hand altogether, and slamming - with the full weight of his person - his hugely powerful hand into my arm. It still hurts.

Route never bores me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, when are you gonna post again?