Wednesday 5 November 2008

This one took a while

I never get into the swing of things. My energy usually gets thrown into whatever new activity I'm doing and some things, as a result, suffer and often disappear from my attention, which is a shame.
A great shame.
College... It's okay. The class I've been moved into this year is incredibly different and a huge improvement from the one I was in last year. I still have the problem of the mere year age gap being oddly prominent, but for the most part I ignore it, there's no point in torturing myself. I'm slowly pushing my way into this group that's more like a family, I will create a place for myself, I need to. Jazz and Blues is the focus of this term and I'm loving it; I'm in college for three days a week but I love every single one of those days because each one gives me the chance to sing and that's all I want, all I've ever wanted in a college course to be honest. Who can complain...
Boys are a topic that I've just decided to drop. It's difficult, but what with my previous attachments not seeming to want to leave me, it's difficult to gain any new ones with sincerity. And boys just create a nuisance unless they're just friends, and I love my friends so just having friends for now is perfectly lovely. Another instinctive to do this is my faith, I need to bring my focus back to God, genuinely - I slipped too much and now I really and truly am trying so hard to stay on track.

So, I told you I got a job. That was amazing. I loved everything about it; place, location, people, everything. Saturday I was asked to leave.
Based on my performance when ill, which I didn't act up because I didn't want to seem like I was acting up, they decided I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of the job when it became busier which it apparently would. So, they asked me to leave, no notice. Which... sucked. It still sucks. I am now jobless. Again. And going to something YouTube related, again. Which I can only just afford because I am unemployed, again.
History has a funny way of repeating itself, even more recent events in history.

Ian's on Saturday...
A smile stole across my face as I typed that sentence, I can't help it, and I can't stop it. The last time I saw anyone, apart from Jazza in Manc and Becky last weekend, was at NSG's 888 shindig.
Before that, my birthday in Glasgow. That feels so long ago now, so much has happened since then. I've watched some of the gathering videos from Unchliche, even watching something that I missed, I still get the same feeling as I do when I'm there for real. I can't really explain it. If you go, then you know and understand all too well the overwhelming feeling you get when you see all these people that you value so much, all in one place, doing things we'd do in our own time but with each other instead. I miss it, I miss the rush. Agh. I'm getting annoyingly soppy. For this kind of emotion, please see crying video. [ghey ghey ghey]

On Saturday, when I arrived home from seeing Becky in Portsmouth with some of her friends, I started having a really intensely painful headache. When I woke up the next day it was still there. Even now, still there. Monday evening I went to an emergency appointment at the doctors about it and they gave me antibiotics and Cocodamol. Should you ever experience ridiculously unrelenting intense pain, Cocodamol is your answer, unless of course you're dying or missing a limb or something equally unlikely. Cocodamol is like the superman of all painkillers, a mixture of Codine and Paracetamol. And the side effects are lovely too! So, the good news is that my intense headache is now a mild twinge in the background for the most part, the bad news is that to replace my headache I get lovely doses of nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, shaking and hot and cold flushes. They're not all the time, thank God, but every now and then when I'm feeling dandy and least expect it, there they are!
Scenario: Anna is getting ready for college, Anna is just about to leave the house, BOOM! Anna feels like she is going to throw up. Later...
Anna is in college between rehearsing and listening to the pleasant music being played by her fellow students, WAM! Anna almost falls over and passes out because suddenly she's dizzy. WHILST SITTING.

Damn side effects.

4 comments:

George Dunn said...

Side effects are a bitch, I remember passing out in a toilet as a result of some sort of Jab... that was fun.

I'm sorry for my really unconstructive comment... I feel the urge to write more, but I'm really tired as it's half 12 in the morning and yeah. You don't care. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

coinkidink said...

Dude, shut up.
I totally love you.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see a post from you Anna, congrats on loving college. I just finished planning my courses for the spring semester my fall semester finals loom in the all-too-soon future.

Good job figuring out the truth concerning relationships while in school too. One thing you'll realize rather quickly is that life is too busy to be carrying another's problems along with your own. Not many learn from that mistake; it's a mark of great maturity that you've accepted it :)

Good luck returning God to square one; remember, it's not about trying with everything in you to focus on God; it's all about letting go of your pride and just letting God talk to you. I'll be praying for you!

All the best,
~Jesse

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jesse W.
Sometimes it takes time to learn that. I am curious, how does one let go of their pride? How does one know what pride is?