Tuesday 2 September 2008

My brother is an addict.

It doesn't help that he has a particularly addictive personality, which must be a family trait because we all seem to have our moments in this house. But, my brother smokes weed every day. I know it sounds like a mild thing but it's slowly rotting away at his mind, he's better than he used to be with the amount he actually smokes now but still, it's never gone.
He even argues that it's good. I mean, I understand the initial appeal, but after a while I can't see the point anymore. There is nothing about his life that is so bad that he needs something to take him away from a real view of reality. I think it used to be that he was just bored and his friends were doing it, then it was just habit, now and then I tend to think it might be to hide from the fact that he's failing uni every time he tries, but the weed is the reason for that anyway so it just ends up being a viscious circle.
I am in no way someone speaking from only an outsider's experience, I'm not just an observer of his ways, I used to be a participant. I did it, because he did it. For an entire year I was out of my face, practically, 24/7. This was a bad stage for me. Luckily, I stopped before it had any real effect on me, hopefully. But I don't think Dave even really remembers much about life before he started smoking weed. This thought always gets to me. Also, he doesn't see anything wrong with it, he fails at education, work, his own ambitions because of his lack of motivation which is all spurred by that one thing. I just pray that one day he'll wake up and realise.

Otherwise, he'll end up with nothing but debt, dealers, and no future.

He has gotten a lot better, though.

No comments: