Sunday 20 July 2008

Rule of thumb

I know that there's supposed rule that whoever your manager is, you will probably feel some amount of hate for them due to the fact that they're your manager and that means they get to be as dicky to you as they like and you have to put up with it.
Thing is, my manager, on the whole is alright. Well, no, certain aspects of him are alright. He's funny, entertaining, easy going but strict - but fair. SOMETIMES.
With me, he's like that part of the time and then, occassionally, decides to turn into crazy ass really stupidly bad manager - I could sue you, you bastard -crazy abusive person.
I'm all for discipline, go for it. And in his mind this means he'll yell for a little bit and then get over it. BUT when you start yelling and lecturing and telling me that, "At 18 you know nothing, and in the grand scheme of life and everything YOU ARE nothing" that's when it crosses the line over into abusive, harsh, and just a bit too much. Especially when he's going to go around saying things like that to me in front of other people at work, including customers.

All this because it was my last half hour of work, a couple came in, the front of the restuarant was empty and I, on autopilot by this time and not really thinking about it, sat them there. While doing so I suddenly thought about the fact that I had a completely empty section and that it was really stupid of me to put them there. Oh, but it was too late! I turned round to support manager, who's section it was, and my lovely boss man looking at me as though I was a complete idiot. This was then followed with questioning of why I did such a stupid thing, how could I possibly be so lazy, and then followed up with several different variations on the basic comment of "you're a liar" after I told him I didn't do it intentionally thinking that I would end up not having to take the table. I even said I would take them now and that it was a genuine mistake, but, no, it was too late. I was now in a web of "I hate blaggers" and "you're pathetic and lazy", along with a lovely helping of "I'm going to get rid of you".

Love, please do so! You're a dick and I've been wanting to leave for a LONG time. The only reason I stay is because it's convinient and would give me an easy job to take up to uni with me.


So, upon leaving - which was a God send - Support Manager comes on out into the car park, stomps over to the car that I'm in and says in a very chavy *you startin'!?* kinda way, "Have you got something to say to me Anna!? Right, if you're going to call me a bitch you might want to make sure I'm not in the next room!" And then stomped promptly away and back into the restuarant again. Oh dear. And this, people, is all down to stupid people that I work with. Another girl who's employed there having the exact same name as said support manager, I mentioned this particular girl in conversation before leaving and merely said that I thought she was a bitch to me, didn't like me and was generally horrible to me. Which she is.

I HATE EVERYONE.

No comments: