Sunday 18 May 2008

I went to Bournemouth on friday with Jemma.
I was done with college by 12, she didn't even go in and it was the first friday in a very long time when I wasn't actually working, an adventure felt necessary. So, off to Bournemouth we drove, let my brother know, along with my uncle and Jem's friend, Hugh.
Due to lovely Uncle Dan running the pub/gig venue that is The Metropole, we got free entry to the gig upstairs where he was working that night, and free drinks because... Well, he was working that night. Because we were so early we met some of the members of a few of the bands. Lovely people! Jemma got a bit bored so I had to intervene with conversation with randoms to keep her spirits up.
This resulted in the meeting of, possibly, the most similar guy to me I have ever met in my life - Karl. Strange thing is that he was amazing. We instantly got on, he was friendly, paid loads of attention to me, but also to Jemma - I liked that! - he was attractive, same height as me, interesting, not to mention a fantastic guitarist. And yet, it was all very casual and I was so reserved you'd have thought I was sober. And gone blind, deaf and dumb. Because even sober I'm not that uncaring and relaxed. I mean, the mild flirting that I just know is me being friendly (how I'm like with boys and girls) was there but other than that, I was just hugely unconcerned. I could see all the fantastic attributes to this awesome guy and I really couldn't have cared less.
ALSO he has a girlfriend, and he told me he felt that way too. He got my number and I think we'll probably hang out in the near-ish future. I do hope so, 'cause he was pretty awesome. But then, being very similar to me, he'd have to be =DD All in all though, I had a great time, and I'm super psyched that me and Jem are back on terms of seeing each other more often again. I think my week in Glasgow will do us some good though because we've realised we need some time apart after a while.

It is now ten days until my birthday and nine days until I board a plane to Glasgow.
I know I shouldn't count down the days but it makes me feel better to know that every time I go to sleep, I wake up another day closer. I think it's helping me actually have some kind of drive to do things, so that the day feels like it's going faster. Odd that.
When I asked Chris if I could read his blog, he told me that there was nothing in it about me, but that he very much enjoyed reading mine. Now, this bugged me a smidgen at the time, because I was like, "Well, ok, I'm not that self-centered to think that you would, or let that be the only reason I read blogs and also, now I feel like if ever I get mad at him, or I want to emotionally blurge, I can't.
The worst thing is, I know he's going to read this. Why he'd read something so long and tedious is beyond me, but whatever. But that bugs me even more because now he may feel like I'm confronting him about this, but I'm not... I just fancy writing about it. Also, because about 60-70% of my thought pattern at the moment is based on or around him and so it's very difficult to not write something about him.
Holy crap, I'm not even making sense to myself anymore, and I sound like a small whining girl.

I'm going to have a cigarette, and then return...

No comments: