Thursday 5 June 2008

My future

For a brief moment in my day I had to think about the fact that my future could be completely destroyed when I had just gained a plan for it. lots of people in my class today were told that they were being kicked out or that they were on the shit list and needed to improve to ensure they came back next year and did well. I was told, and I really wasn't expecting this, that I would not be coming back to continue the second year of my course next year.
Gary has this way of telling you bad things, you know he isn't telling you this stuff to be mean of vindictive or because it's a personal thing. You feel a little comforted, but I still ended up crying my eyes out.
Andy, on the other hand, is alright at telling you stuff but cannot, by any means, handle sobbing females. And in my state I just thought he was a prick, he wouldn't even look at me and he barely said a thing. It was in that situation that I had to understand that he IS my lecturer, but it was strange because I wanted him to give me a hug, comfort me like a friend would. Which is silly, because he is just my lecturer, and until I finish college he always will be. But, at the same time, I think today he saw me as an older person. Some one who isn't just a little girl, who obviously fancies him, probably because I don't anymore. Attached to him a lot, but not in the same way I used to be.

Anyway, later on in the day Gary came over to me while I was sitting there thinking about what the hell i was supposed to do, at that point he had said I might have been able to re-do the first year, and he knelt next to me and asked me if I was alright. DUH. He then said that I was a valued student, had lots of potential and he could tell by my reaction that this really meant a lot to me. That he had my future education, career and in general my life in mind of what he was going to do. We chatted for a bit and he suggested that I might be able to do the second year and just re-take the units I had done badly on. Which is an awesome option!

So, all in all it's been a very emtional day in the aspects of my life.
Chris was very supportive.

My parents.... aren't mad? Weird.

Anna

No comments: