Wednesday 11 June 2008

nothing comes from nothing

One of the first lines from King Lear, spoken by him when he asks what his third daughter Cordelia has to say or give to show her love for him and she simply tells him, 'nothing'.
Not because she doesn't love him, just because she doesn't feel she needs to show it through big words and materialistic shallowness, and her other two sisters do merely because they wish to inherit. The King should have looked at which he loved the most and it would have definitelycould've avoided going insane, almost losing the throne, having his friend's eyes cut out, having all his daughters die. Fun times in Shakespeare. But what a poet he was - for a dead white guy.
Why all the Shakespeare tragedy talk?
I have an exam next week, this stuff is kinda on the brain 24/7. Along with every aspect of how I would do a production of The Beggars Opera. Seriously, ask me anything about how I would put it on and I could probably tell you.

I've got to leave for college in about ten minutes. I'm still in bed. It's fine, I'll finish this off and then get ready super mega wicked awesome quick. OH! So, I finished Hex, bloody disappointment. For such a good series you'd think they'd give it a better 'are we ending this are we not?' Well, yes, you are ya dickheads but you could've left it a little more resolved. Maybe a two hour episode for the last one. After all, it is the last one you ever did. Wankers.
Then yesterday I watched all the episodes of Secret Diary of a Call girl. Very good, Billie Piper, she turned out alright, Doctor Who did wonders for her standing; now everyone loves her. So, I finished that, now I want something else, something that really grabs me. Preferably something that's a little sci-fi, or just weird. Hmm.


OH OH OH! HAVEN'T LOST MY JOB!! This is amazing news. Cassie phoned up this morning and told me that I can be rotared afterwards and all shall be fine. I suspect that this is because they're training up three new girls and still need me if they can hang on to me. Then I mentioned that I had wanted to have off the week before my holiday as well (Chris drunkenly telling me to come see him, we decided then would be good, ugh. Probably won't even happen) "But if that's not okay then don't worry about it."
"I'll see what I can do and if I can avoid giving you hours then I will."

YAY! Right, college. Fun.

Anna

No comments: